“If we can not embrace the boredom of life and the days of nothing, then we will never know how to mine the deepest desires of our hearts. We will always walk towards activity and what appears to be work or business because we do not embrace the restlessness of nothing. God does much with little. Unbelief… Continue reading What is God Saying?
The other day I was listening to one of my favorite Christian leaders, Christine Caine. As I listened to her Passion Conference sermon I was struck by her words like always, but this time a statement really resonated with me. She began by talking about all of our “but God” statements (ex. But God, I’m… Continue reading But God
• 1.5 minute read • Written by: Marlene Dixon Our Father who IS. When we think about who God is, we might take a moment to ponder all of the names that he calls himself, and that his children called him. We could take months to do this, as there are over 80 names of God… Continue reading Our Father Who IS
• 4 minute read • I’m currently in Bilboa, Spain, playing basketball professionally. All teams do things differently dealing with living situations, and I live with a host family. The woman who is in charge with putting all of us with families in the city is actually the family I live with. Her name is Yolanda,… Continue reading Difficult People!
• 3 minute read • There is a rural farming area in the North where the most intense blizzards used to hit during winter. People needed to have a rope tied from their homes to the barns if they wanted to survive these intense storms. If they tried to venture out without a tight grip on… Continue reading The Rope and the Blizzard
• 4.5 minute read • I left. God stayed. Or so it felt. One year ago, I was about one month into living overseas for the first time while doing ministry with Athletes in Action. It was also around this time that things started getting a little rough. Spiritually, emotionally, mentally...all of it. It started with… Continue reading I Left. God Stayed.
• 1.5 minute read • From Max Lucado: "Of all his names, FATHER is God's favorite. We know he loves this name most because this is the one he used most. While on earth Jesus called God 'Father' over two hundred times. In his first recorded words Jesus explained, "Didn't you know that I must… Continue reading Our Father