• 1 minute read • What is the purpose of Christmas? Is it blow up polar bears, Is it Christmas light competitions, Is it angry people standing in long lines, Is it stressing out trying to find the perfect gift, Is it watching our favorite NBA teams face off, Is it baking and eating Christmas goodies,… Continue reading Is This Christmas?
As athletes we have all been there. One last set. One last rep. One last sprint. We have been busting our butts all workout and are minutes away from being done. So of course, we go hard and finish strong. We push out that last set of squats. We run that last 100 meter sprint… Continue reading Whatever It Takes
• 4.5 minute read • Dear Younger Me, Congratulations! You’ve accomplished your childhood dream of becoming a collegiate basketball player. This is a huge achievement and something you should be very proud of! Now, let’s take a moment to look back on your journey and when your love for the game of basketball first developed.… Continue reading Dear Younger Me
• 4 minute read • I’m currently in Bilboa, Spain, playing basketball professionally. All teams do things differently dealing with living situations, and I live with a host family. The woman who is in charge with putting all of us with families in the city is actually the family I live with. Her name is Yolanda,… Continue reading Difficult People!
• 3 minute read • There is a rural farming area in the North where the most intense blizzards used to hit during winter. People needed to have a rope tied from their homes to the barns if they wanted to survive these intense storms. If they tried to venture out without a tight grip on… Continue reading The Rope and the Blizzard
• 4.5 minute read • I left. God stayed. Or so it felt. One year ago, I was about one month into living overseas for the first time while doing ministry with Athletes in Action. It was also around this time that things started getting a little rough. Spiritually, emotionally, mentally...all of it. It started with… Continue reading I Left. God Stayed.
• 1.5 minute read • From Max Lucado: "Of all his names, FATHER is God's favorite. We know he loves this name most because this is the one he used most. While on earth Jesus called God 'Father' over two hundred times. In his first recorded words Jesus explained, "Didn't you know that I must… Continue reading Our Father
“Remember His marvelous works which He has done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,” I Chronicles 16:12 Recently, I retired from forty years of coaching women’s basketball. I gave my life to Jesus when I was in the seventh grade, so ALL of those years, I strived to be a Christian Basketball Coach.… Continue reading Don’t Forget to Remember
Dear Athlete, You’ve been gifted, you work hard, you push through pain, you put in the extra hours, and you give your all. In the multitude of things that could define you, I hope that someone has invested these truths into your life. Amy Carmichael said, “There are two things that are eternal: the word… Continue reading From a Mom’s Heart