The other day I was listening to one of my favorite Christian leaders, Christine Caine. As I listened to her Passion Conference sermon I was struck by her words like always, but this time a statement really resonated with me. She began by talking about all of our “but God” statements (ex. But God, I’m… Continue reading But God
Fully Known It begins, “I’m fine, I’m fine, I’m fine.” The line repeated over and over. The lid starts coming off… No, stop. “I’m fine, I’m fine, I’m fine.” I swear. Smile; just smile. Just for a while. No one will notice. It’s all in your head, You can control this. No. I’m not fine.… Continue reading Do You Want In?
• 2 minute read • “The blessing of the Lord makes rich...” There are times in our life when we are overwhelmed by the fact that we’ve been blessed, having received something great that’s truly more than deserved. It is a powerful, compelling moment. (I bet Steph Curry felt at least somewhat that way in his… Continue reading Three Reasons Why God Blesses People
• 1.5 minute read • Written by: Marlene Dixon Our Father who IS. When we think about who God is, we might take a moment to ponder all of the names that he calls himself, and that his children called him. We could take months to do this, as there are over 80 names of God… Continue reading Our Father Who IS
• 1 minute read • What is the purpose of Christmas? Is it blow up polar bears, Is it Christmas light competitions, Is it angry people standing in long lines, Is it stressing out trying to find the perfect gift, Is it watching our favorite NBA teams face off, Is it baking and eating Christmas goodies,… Continue reading Is This Christmas?
As athletes we have all been there. One last set. One last rep. One last sprint. We have been busting our butts all workout and are minutes away from being done. So of course, we go hard and finish strong. We push out that last set of squats. We run that last 100 meter sprint… Continue reading Whatever It Takes
• 4.5 minute read • Dear Younger Me, Congratulations! You’ve accomplished your childhood dream of becoming a collegiate basketball player. This is a huge achievement and something you should be very proud of! Now, let’s take a moment to look back on your journey and when your love for the game of basketball first developed.… Continue reading Dear Younger Me
• 4 minute read • I’m currently in Bilboa, Spain, playing basketball professionally. All teams do things differently dealing with living situations, and I live with a host family. The woman who is in charge with putting all of us with families in the city is actually the family I live with. Her name is Yolanda,… Continue reading Difficult People!
• 3 minute read • There is a rural farming area in the North where the most intense blizzards used to hit during winter. People needed to have a rope tied from their homes to the barns if they wanted to survive these intense storms. If they tried to venture out without a tight grip on… Continue reading The Rope and the Blizzard
• 4.5 minute read • I left. God stayed. Or so it felt. One year ago, I was about one month into living overseas for the first time while doing ministry with Athletes in Action. It was also around this time that things started getting a little rough. Spiritually, emotionally, mentally...all of it. It started with… Continue reading I Left. God Stayed.